Re: New Sun's documentation license

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>:

> As U.S. law becomes increasingly hostile to free software development,
> we may need to revisit that interpretation.

Maybe, but the choice of law stuff is only there for settling certain
kinds of dispute. The fact that an activity is illegal in country X
doesn't necessarily stop people from countries Y and Z going to court
in country X about a contract or licence involving that activity. I
don't have any examples, but I've heard that parties operating in
dodgy regimes use London law courts to settle disputes involving their
dodgy activities, having specified English law in their contracts, so
there might be some examples to be had there.

Edmund