Re: is mixmaster dfsg-compliant ?

Eric Van Buggenhaut <eric@sindominio.net> writes:

>        (iii) provide Anonymizer Inc. with a copy of the Source Code of
>        such modifications or work by electronic mail, and grant
>        Anonymizer Inc. a perpetual, royalty-free license to use and
>        distribute the modifications or work in its products.

I'm not sure this (the first part) is considered free. It could become
impossible to follow this requirement.

> Probably a bigger problem is the patent covering the  IDEA algorithm
> used in the program:
>

> This Software/Hardware product contains the algorithm IDEA(TM) as
> described and claimed in US Patent No. 5,214,703, EPO Patent
> No. 0482154 and filed Japanese Patent Application No. 508119/1991

This patent expired a year ago so it shouldn't matter much.

--
 Peter Makholm     |              Emacs is the only modern general-purpose
 peter@makholm.net |               operating system that doesn't multitask