Re: aspell-nl license

Kevin Atkinson <kevin@atkinson.dhs.org> writes:

Standard IANAL-disclaimer.

>> Could someone please clarify the situation to me? Is a copyright on a
>> word list even valid?
>
> There is good reason to believe this is not the case (at least in the US)
> based on the "Feist Publications, Inc. v. Rural Telephone Service
> Company, Inc." Supreme Court case

I would be pretty sure that a phonebook is protected in the European
Union by the Database Directive. At least as implementet in danish
copyright laws.

I have no idea if a flat word list is protected but add grammatic
information I think it would be protected.

--
 Peter Makholm     |     If you can't do any damage as root, are you still
 peter@makholm.net |                                          really root?