Re: TeX Licenses & teTeX (Was: Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia)

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 05:22:14PM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> I doubt it's that.  I think it more likely that Thomas is arguing
> against your insistence that TeX be removed wholly from Debian by
> explaining his interpretation of the issues.  In his interpretation,
> TeX is DSFG-free, and in yours, it's apparently not, so it seems to
> me that you're trying to get TeX removed from Debian.  (Why, I'm not
> sure.)

Well, the reason is pretty obvious to me, as it should be to anyone
who's read his messages.

It's obvious to me that Boris wants TeX martyred at the hands of the
DFSG, presumably so he can editorialize on how Debian has lost its way
from the "true freedom" that is represented by TeX.

In other words, it's the same, tired old "my free is better than your
free" noise that some BSD advocates have been spewing against the Free
Software Foundation for 15 years or more.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Mob rule isn't any prettier just
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      because you call your mob a