Re: Advice on copyright for cdf

Scripsit Mikael Hedin <mikael.hedin@gmx.net>

> [Please cc me on replies]
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm packaging tela, and the newest version uses cdf[1] (from nasa).
> The cdf copyright[2] is basically 'only non-profit'.  However, there
> is a line about inclusion in substantive product allowint for profit.

That is what the words "as a component of an aggregate software
distribution containing programs from several different sources" in
DFSG #1 are there to permit.

The usual consensus on debian-legal is that such a license is fairly
stupid, but still DFSG-free.

--
Henning Makholm                       "Take a sad song, and make it bitter."