Re: [kaffe] Using kaffe(GPL2) with other DFSG-compat licenses

I think one thing to keep in mind is whether or not your application is
binding to any kaffe-specific features. For instance, if you have a
non-GPL application that binds to some of the Kaffe-specific internal
classes (unlikely but possible) then I think you can make a strong
arguement that your application is violating the GPL.

If, however, Kaffe is an interchangable component for your application
it would seem you are on safe ground. I've heard this arguement several
times from a number of people including RMS. It goes back to things like
GPL programs binding to a library that is available in both proprietary
and open forms from different distributors.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com