Re: GNU FDL 1.2 draft comment summary posted, and RFD

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 06:18:08PM -0700, Mark Rafn wrote:
> I read Branden's message as not wanting to put Debian's name on a license
> unless it is adequately and unambiguously free, and therefore always meets
> the DFSG, not that he wants to work around some flaw in the DFSG.
>
> The DFSG defines the spirit of the license we're looking for.  A license
> needs to be found/created that fits it, rather than modifying the DFSG to
> fit some license.

Yup, that's what I meant.  Thanks, Mark.

That said, it is true that I don't think the DFSG is a perfect document
as is.  However, because I've volunteered to draft the DFCL, you can be
sure that I will attempt to write in such a way that it complies with my
Ideal DFSG as well as the one we're actually using.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     When I die I want to go peacefully
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     in my sleep like my ol' Grand