Re: GNU FDL 1.2 draft comment summary posted, and RFD

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 15:45, Walter Landry wrote:
> However, even this doesn't accomplish your aim.  If I can remove the
> section, then I can still replace it with something that the original
> author might be horrified at.  You really have to get used to the idea
> that people can modify it in ways that are unexpected and perhaps
> distasteful.  That is what happens with freedom.  If you don't want
> that to happen, then don't put the material under a free license.

This isn't a solution for me; I want the material under a free license,
but I don't want my opinions to be misrepresented. This is easy enough
for certain mediums, e.g. the license on my website
(http://www.sacredchao.net/legal/COPYING.SCTL) requires people to link
back to the original page, but there is no way to provide such
convenience with paper (they can reference the old version, but most
people will not check the reference, even if they can find the original;
it's very easy to follow a hypertext link). I really don't care if
people write something unexpected or distasteful, but I want to make
sure that if they do, that my name is not associated with it.
--
 - Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>  -  http://www.sacredchao.net
  "What I did was justified because I had a policy of my own... It's