Re: Looking for confirmation of DFSG status for PDT/TAU licence

Scripsit Ralf Treinen <treinen@club-internet.fr>

> IANAL, but I see two problems:

> > Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and
> > its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted,

> - It is not allowd to take a fee for redistribution
> - Redistribution of the modified software is not explicitely permitted.

Unless we know that the author intends otherwise (pine!), we normally
take this standard language to mean:

 1. You have permission to do any combination of "use, copy, modify,
    and distribute" - including "modify, then distribute the modified
    version".

 2. "Without fee" means that you don't have to pay the author any fee
    to exercise the rights enumerated in the beginning of the sentence.

--
Henning Makholm               "Hele toget raslede imens Sjælland fór forbi."