Re: forbidding later version of GPL for xsoldier

The way I always looked at this issue was like this:

Someone gives you a copy of (say) xsoldier, under the GPL v2, or
later, *your choice*. You can choose to pass that extra choice along
to everyone you distribute to (I like doing this) or you can choose
not to.

The choice itself is not a part of the GPL if I remember correctly.

It's like Perl - you can distribute it under the artistic license, the
gpl, or both. Right?