Opinion on the SNNS licence

Hi legal gurus,

I'd like to know what others think about the SNNS licence [1], wrt the
DFSG.

1. Main clause says: "You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of
SNNS's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
and give any other recipients of SNNS a copy of this license along
with SNNS."

The "conspicuously and appropriately publish..." reminds me of the
advertisement clause in original BSD - is it as bad, or not ?

2. The "You may not distribute modified copies of SNNS. You may,
however, distribute your modifications as separate files (e.,g. patch
files) along with the unmodified SNNS software." reminds me of the TeX
licence.  But here they talk about "SNNS", not "SNNS source code" as
in other parts.  That seems to imply that binaries built from modified
SNNS cannot be redistributed.  Is it just a wrong interpretation on my
part ?

[1] http://www-ra.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/SNNS/complete_license.html

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique