Re: GPL scripts with a GPL-incompatible interpreter

> For example, the one who ports the program to the
>proprietary language may do it out of honest desire to make some good
>free software available in what he sees as an exciting new
>environment.

How does this differ from, say, Emacs on Windows? I'm sure that Emacs
has been extended to do some interesting Windows specific things, and
probably could be extended to do really interesting things (like
properly handle Unicode text, even of complex scripts like Tibetan)
if someone cared to. Should we prohibit that, just because we couldn't
port it back to Un*x?