Re: [aspell-devel] Problems with aspell-en license

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>:

> I'd like to say that I hope that it is the case that these are
> un-copyrightable, but as of yet your arguments based on law don't seem
> convincing.

I think ordinary, internationally recognised copyright applies to
"artistic" works, which a word list isn't. However, some countries
also have a different kind of copyright that applies to databases and
such. I suppose a word list would be covered by that kind of
copyright, as would a list of the coordinates of the brightest stars,
for example.

Edmund