cadaver licensing issues: openssl and GPL again

Hello,

after I have received a Reject from FTP Masters on the cadaver package,
because it is GPL and linked against openssl, I opened up the Bug #163583 and
contacted upstream.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=163583

Here is the answer from Joe Orton, which basically tells me that he can't
relicense cadaver.

He is the same oppinion as I am, openssl should be considered part of the
operating system, which in that case is fine with the GPL and would solve
the licensing problem of cadaver (and many other openSSL using packages).

Considering the fact how many packages use the openssl libs, I dont see a
problem in defining openssl a OS base package. Especially since it is
priority "strandard" anyway.

Please cc me and the bug.

Greetings
Bernd