Re: license questions.

Scripsit Fredrik Persson <frepe@bredband.net>

> We may all express them differently, but I'm pretty sure that RMS's "four
> freedoms" are the foundation on which we all base our conception
> of Free software.

Yes, with the proviso that we don't necessarily agree with everything
else RMS says about free software. Just to give one example, in
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html>, RMS says

| It is also acceptable for the license to require that, if you have
| distributed a modified version and a previous developer asks for a
| copy of it, you must send one.

which we (i.e., the consensus interpretation of the DFSG) flatly
disagree with.

--
Henning Makholm                       "Man vælger jo selv sine forbilleder."