Re: A GNU GPL question (might be slightly OT)

On 20020906T180308+0200, Fredrik Persson wrote:
> This may be slightly OT, but I have really looked around for a better place
> to ask this question, and failed.

The FSF may be a better place.  They have a mailing address for
licensing questions but I forget what it was.

> That is my question. Who is right, Jim or Jill? I think it's a really
> important question, too. I shall explain why.

I see your point.  My initial answer would be that Jim is right,
assuming that the offer is properly dated (as it should be).  But this
does not address the problem.

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, LuK (BSc)    * http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ * gaia@iki.fi