autoconf/Artistic compatibility

Hi,

I am in the process of discussions with upstream about the licensing for a
new package.

The package build system is autoconf based.

Upstream really likes the Artistic license and would prefer to release with
that.

Is there any incompatibility with using the Artistic license when using an
autoconf(GPL) build system?

My feeling is that there isn't, similar to the way that you can use gcc
without having to worry.  You are using autoconf, not modifying or linking
to it.

I just thought I should post and make sure before giving a final
recommendation though.

Any gotchas, thoughts, flames?

Cheers

Stephen