Re: TeX Licenses & teTeX (Was: Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia)

> Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:20:12 -0500
> From: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>

> It's obvious to me that Boris wants TeX martyred at the hands of the
> DFSG, presumably so he can editorialize on how Debian has lost its way
> from the "true freedom" that is represented by TeX.

I am sorry if I amde this impression. I am a heavy Debian user with
many boxes installed. Some of them exist primarily for TeX-based
applications. If Debian decides to "martyr" TeX and LaTeX, I would be
the first to suffer. Obviously my personal inconveniences in this case
heavily outweighs any cheap fame I can hope to obtain from idle
editorializing.

--
Good luck

-Boris

What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.