Re: Towards a new LPPL draft

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 06:31:26PM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> I think they have a legitimate concern about what we distribute versus
> what users do.  What a user does may affect his machine and maybe a few
> others, but what Debian does can affect thousands of machines.

Consider that some of our "users" are people who create new distributions
on a Debian base.  One day, such a distribution might be more popular
than Debian itself.

Of course, this is not likely to happen unless that distribution serves
our users better than Debian itself does, which probably means it doesn't
have a broken LaTeX :-)

Richard Braakman