Re: Towards a new LPPL draft

Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> wrote:
> OK.  Now I'd like to hear the Debian side.  Here are the conditions for
> modification that are being proposed as I understand them:
>
>  - you must rename all modified files, or
>
>  - you must rename the whole of LaTeX in your modified copy AND
> distribute a pristine copy of LaTeX as well.
>
> Comments?  Branden, Walter, Mark, and Jeremy, I'm especially interested
> in your opinions, since you three are the current objectors.

If I understand this correctly, this is basically fine with me.
Debian would distribute the pristine copy in tetex.orig.tar.gz, and
distribute a modified copy with the name DebLaTeX (or whatever) in the
.deb.  Since Debian probably won't need to modify LaTeX, or can rename
the file if it has to, it will probably just call it LaTeX.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu