Re: A few more LPPL concerns

Boris Veytsman <borisv@lk.net> writes:

> > From: tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)
> > Date: 22 Jul 2002 02:28:38 -0700
>
> > I think that ultimately it is the University and its users who are
> > best place to make that decision, and not the LaTeX mafia.
>
> I think that LaTeX users community is pretty happy with the way the
> things are. This can be checked by reading our lists, newsgroups nad
> magazines. If you want to make a small revolution, why do not you
> choose some other community?

The Microsoft users community is also pretty happy, at least, if you
ask for what Microsoft thinks, that's what they'll tell you.

However, none of this is relevant to the question of whether the code
is free.

I concur with the FSF's judgment, BTW--because of the existence of the
filename mapping feature, the hurdle of renaming files (while
exceedingly obnoxious) is not so high that it renders the package
non-free.