Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia

> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:25:26 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu>

> If these were the only restrictions (change contact info and change
> the name of the *program*, not the individual files), then we wouldn't
> be having this argument.

I am afraid you do not understand the way LaTeX works. If you change
any file in the texmf tree, and keep its name, the results of latex
run would be completely different. Consider these files to be
analogs of dynamicaly loaded libraries.

Note that you do not need to this if you want to change latex
behavior. Continuing the analogy, you do have an analog of LD_PRELOAD
variable, so you do not need to hack libc.so to achieve anything.

--
Good luck

-Boris

You must include all income you receive in the form of money, property
and services if it is not specifically exempt.  Report property (goods)
and services at their fair market values.  Examples include income from
bartering or swapping transactions, side commissions, kickbacks, rent
paid in services, illegal activities (such as stealing, drugs, etc.),
cash skimming by proprietors and tradesmen, "moonlighting" services,
gambling, prizes and awards.  Not reporting such income can lead to
prosecution for perjury and fraud.
		-- Excerpt from Taxachussetts income tax forms