Re: Unidentified subject!

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 17:26, Boris Veytsman wrote:
> Then they obviously should remove texinfo and all FSF info system as
> well, since it is TeX-based.
>
> A sad situation of ignorance: Debian people do not realize that they
> ALREADY use TeX with its LPPL-like reservation of the name TeX.  They
> use it in such a way that divorcing from TeX is not posssible.

>From /usr/share/doc/tetex-base/copyright:

-----
The teTeX distribution is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public
License may be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

The individual parts of this distribution often have their own
copyright. Please look into the respective files for their copyright.

seminar and koma-script have changed their licence recently but there
are still files that refer to the old copyright. Both are copyrighted
under the LPPL (LaTeX Project Public License) now. You can find the LPPL
in /usr/share/doc/tetex-base/lppl.txt.gz

--------------

tetex-nonfree is (as the name says) not freely distributable. Please
look into the individual files for the copyrights.
-----

>From /usr/share/doc/texinfo/copyright:

-----
  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
  any later version.
-----

-----
  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
  any later version.
-----

I fail to see the problem.  Could you point it out for us?