Re: LaTeX Public Project License, Version 1.3 (DRAFT)

On 11-Jul-02, 16:05 (CDT), Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> wrote:
> [Please follow up to both lists.]

Can't, as you note in your next post. Besides, I'm just being nasty:

> > Changing the name of a file (other than as necessitated by the file
> > conventions of the target file systems) is considered to be a
> > modification of the file.
>
> Since Debian renames the original tarball in its source format, mere
> distribution of the Debian source package constitutes a modification
> (with the resulting invokation of clauses 1-8).  The packager would be
> forced, I think, to use DBS to avoid that.

The "target file system" is the Debian archive. One of the conventions
of the Debian archive is that original tarballs are renamed to include
".orig". What's the problem? :-)

If they wanna play "letter, not the spirit" games, we can too.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net