Re: Requesting help with non-GPL MySQL license

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:28:00PM -0800, Walter Landry wrote:
> If they don't put anything in an Invariant Section, then the FDL is
> definitely ok.  With an Invariant Section, the decision is not
> settled.  However, I'm not sure why they would prefer that over the
> straight GPL.  Even if they put in Invariant Sections, people could
> still make a business selling the mysql doc's.

Note that Cover Texts are potentially an issue as well, especially if
the current FDL 1.2 draft is finalized without changes.

However, I concur that a document licensed under the existing GNU FDL
with no Invariant Sections and no Cover Texts is DFSG-free.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You don't just decide to break
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Kubrick's code of silence and then