Books under the FDL (was: Problems in GNU FDL 1.2 Draft)

Hi

On Wednesday, 13. February 2002 22:37, Walter Landry wrote:
> [Excellent Analysis by Stephen Ryan omitted]
>
> This all begs the question, why does the FDL exist at all?
> The rationale given at
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-gfdl.html
>
> is that it will encourage commercial entities to fund free
> documentation.  However, it still requires the documentation
> to be free, and it doesn't seem to have been adopted by any
> commercial publishers.  I am willing to be educated, though.

I know of two books:

Stefan Meretz
Linux & CO. Freie Software - Ideen für eine andere Gesellschaft.
(Linux & CO. Free Software - Ideas for a Different Society)
Publisher: AG SPAK
ISBN 3-903830-16-7

Annette Schlemm, Jörg Bergstedt, Stefan Meretz
Freie Menschen in freien Vereinbarungen - Gegenbilder zur Expo
2000 (Free People in Free Arrangements - Counterpictures on the
Expo 2000)
Publisher: Projektwerkstatt Saasen
(I'm not sure whether this is really a commercial publisher,
because it wants to spend all the profit made with the printed
copies on the battle for a world without domination.)

cu,
Thomas
 }:o{#