Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 03:23 PM, Michael Stutz wrote:
The licensing terms and copyright statement for a work are not a part
of the work itself.

----
If that is true, then arguably, then the same might go for the text that the FSF says can be invariant in the GFDL.

Invariant sections has to be secondary, and secondary sections are defined as follows:

A "Secondary Section" is a named appendix or a front-matter section of the Document that deals exclusively with the relationship of the publishers or authors of the Document to the Document's overall subject (or to related matters) and contains nothing that could fall directly within that overall subject. (For example, if the Document is in part a textbook of mathematics, a Secondary Section may not explain any mathematics.) The relationship could be a matter of historical connection with the subject or with related matters, or of legal, commercial, philosophical, ethical or political position regarding them.

end quote
---
This means, if I interpret it correctly, that if I want to attach the Big Novella Manifesto of a Thousand Pages, it has to exclusively deal with my relationship to the documents subject or related matters.
I can't attach just about any old invariant text.