Re: Debian Package for Phylip - stripped to 3 questions

Scripsit "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de>

> Joe just tried to clean up my rather confuse posting.  Just forget about
> that and try to find a suggestion for a DFSG free license which complies
> with Joes requirements.

> 1. Does any version of GPL restrict how much money redistributers
>    can charge for the software?

Any such explicit restriction would cause a license to fail the DFSG.
(But the market applies its own restriction, and does so beautifully
and reliably, so why bother?)

> 2. Does any version of GPL require the software developer to be
>    paid a royalty on money charged for redistribution?

Any such requirement would cause a license to fail the DFSG.

--
Henning Makholm       "`Update' isn't a bad word; in the right setting it is
                 useful. In the wrong setting, though, it is destructive..."