Re: GFDL is a DFSG-compliant license

On Monday, November 19, 2001, at 12:01  AM, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
No, not really.  There is no way to amend the DFSG so that it requires
neither judgment nor understanding.  Rather, the DFSG will always
require knowledgeable application.

The present discussion is very useful at giving us the common
knowledge about how we can apply it correctly to things using the
GFDL.  But it isn't necessary for us to go mucking with the DFSG in
order to spell out the conclusions we come too.

I see. So it's okay that license text and history and stuff like that doesn't pass the DFSG? I can dig, but what does Branden say?
I'm confused now. Thanks, though, Thomas.
You're always polite. I appreciate that, and I'm sorry if I'm not always as polite. I feel like an elephant in a crystal store, being on a list that discusses delicate things like debian-legal.
Sunna