Re: Data licenses

    I believe that
    data in a database (by that I mean a structured table or a collection of
    structured tables maybe with a common data) are rather specific too and need
    a specific licence.

I think the question "what is the right license for data bases"
is too broad to be useful; different data bases might call for
different licenses.

     Furthermore, in Europe at least, there exists laws about
    databases, defining what is allowed and what is not, and defining also "sui
    generis rights" (I do not yet know the details of that but I'll collect
    information).

That law is a serious threat to our freedom to make free data bases.
It is fortunate that the US still does not have such a law.
It is true that this means some databases cannot be copylefted,
but at the same time, these laws can't be used to restrict us.