Re: request

Previously Sergio Brandano wrote:
>   I agree. I propose a very simple solution: to archive and index
>   emails as usual, as far as the date of these emails is no older than
>   six (6) months. This is also in line with the need for our mailing
>   lists to allow other friends to benefit from our local discussions.

I frequently look at archives that are much older, and they can
be extremely useful.

You posted messages to a public forum, for which the description
already says it is archived, and which is widely known to be read
and archived by countless others. By posting you implicitly agreed
to that, and you can't suddenly decide 6 months later that you
want those posts removed. That's about as silly as giving an interview
and asking a paper to remove it from its archives a year later
because the topic is no longer current.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |