Re: license for a mix of free sw + propritary stuff

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 10:26:42AM -0400, Chloe Hoffman wrote:
> Just for interest.. here is the European Copyright Directive language with
> respect to reverse engineering. Note that reverse engineering is quite
> limited. Also, more accurately, the contractual prohibition may be null and
> void but there are no other consequences AFAIK e.g. fines, etc.

Doesn't this remove rights granted by a previous directive, which
allowed the automotive spare parts industry to continue (replacement
engine controllers, etc.)?

PS. I do not want copies of replies. I am subscribed to this list.

--
Paul Martin <pm@debian.org>