Re: ITP: ttf-japanese-kandata

At Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:54:02 -0700,
Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Big question is what did Mr. Wakaba used as the base of glyph.  And how
> far modification later affected the total collection.  If he started
> with then popular PC9800's ROM fonts with mere 16x16 bitmap fonts as
> starting point of making TT fonts, it may be well within fair use.

I can't heard the base of glyph. And we can't detect the problem part
because he recycled part of glyph widely. But Mr.Uchida is rewriting
the problem part now. It will take more one of half year to finish
removing the problem. In addition, if kandata is legal, he don't like
that we distribute kandata under such a unclear situation.

So, I decided that I wait his work. I'll make kandata package
after the problem will be removed.

Thanks.
Takashi Okamoto