Re: upx under GPL

Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org> writes:

> > > The way I read it, the rejection was just because the copyright
> > > file did not contain the full license.

[Richard is right, incidentally]

> The copyright file contained the full license, as attached to my first
> mail.

No, it did not.

---- copyright from upx-ucl_1.01-1_i386.deb ----
./usr/share/doc/upx-ucl/copyright
This is the pre-packaged Debian Linux version of the UPX executable
compressor. It was packaged by Leon Breedt <ljb@debian.org>
from sources originally retrieved from:

http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/download/upx/

Copyright notice:

    UPX is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    version 2, a copy of which is available from /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
    on Debian systems.

James