Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

Michael Stutz <stutz@dsl.org> writes:

> I think that any work (software or otherwise) that is not free does
> not belong in Debian. Every work that is part of the Debian system, be
> it book or image or software program, should be entirely free -- free
> to modify or sample from, in whole or in part, for any purpose at all.

You missed my point.  In that case, we would not be allowed to
distribute the GPL, because it is itself a work, and is not "free"
under the definition you gave.

Every package (or nearly so) in Debian *does* contain invariant text.
Nobody sees this as a problem, if the text is a license.  But it's
important to remember both of those facts.