Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

I thought there was general agreement that a proportional limit was
better than a simple number.  One disadvantage to a simple per-package
limit is that you can defeat it by splitting something up into more
packages.  A proportional limit seems more sensible to me.

Also, I think it should be a condition of any proposal that it
recognizes the presumptive validity of our past practice--or, it
explicitly say "this proposal is intended to refer to new software,
not to things already in the archive".

If it doesn't have a grandfather clause, then the alternative is to go
through all known-to-be-affected packages and make sure they meet the
test.