Re: PROPOSED: interpretive guidelines regarding DFSG 3, modifiability, and invariant text

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:28:22PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> "M. Drew Streib" <dtype@dtype.org> writes:
>
> > Interestingly, while we (the list) might mostly subjectively
> > agree on what is abuse of the FDL on a case-by-case basis, the hard part
> > is finding a way to put into an quantitative policy.
>
> I think this is true, but that's why I'm very hesitatant about trying
> to write a quantitative policy--I don't want us to box ourselves in
> any more than we need to.

You seem to keep overlooking the point that this "policy", without
further action from the Developers or Project Leader, is as malleable as
Debian wants it to be.

If this policy works in principle but needs modification, we can tweak
it.  If it doesn't work at all, we can throw it out.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Human beings rarely imagine a god
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     that behaves any better than a