Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:38:49 -0800 (PST)
From: joe@evolution.genetics.washington.edu
To: Tille Andreas <TilleA@rki.de>
Subject: Re: Debian Package for Phylip

Andreas Tille --

> Moreover I cleaned up the lines a little bit.  Sorry for the inconvience
> and the long posting.

I doubt anyone will respond as they still have to read through over 300
lines of stuff first.

You might try to just raise a few questions:
1. Does any version of GPL restrict how much money redistributers
   can charge for the software?
2. Does any version of GPL require the software developer to be
   paid a royalty on money charged for redistribution?
3. Does any version of GPL restrict people in any way from charging
   for people to run the software on the seller's machine?  Or
   require a royalty to the software developer for this?

I suspect the answer to all three questions is "no", but would be
happy to hear what the Debian folks think is the case.