CADUBI's copyright issues and contradictions

Dear Sir,

	I'm currently the maintainer of the cadubi package for the Debian
GNU/Linux operating system and would like to congratulate you on a good
(and useful) piece of software.

	However, I've found some contradictions in its license that has
led to move it to the non-free area of the Debian since this package seems
not to comply with Debian Free Software Guidelines
(http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines). The problem is, as
stated in bug report 84891 (http://bugs.debian.org/84891) that there is a
contradiction with the license placed on the CADUBI.pl and 'cadub' files
which say:

# Copyright (c) 2000 Ian Langworth. All rights reserved.
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it
# and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

	and the lengthy preface to the README file that states that the
software cannot be distributed for profit.

	Which one of the licenses hold? We, at Debian, feel that the first
license (free distribution of software) is the best option since it would
allow your program to be distributed worldwide to all users of the
operating system. Although Debian does not support non-free software,
however, it does provide resources for it. So please do not imply with
this mail that we would like to force a license change (even if we
prefered free software), we just feel that the license should be uniform
in all the package.

	Best regards

	Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña