Re: xfig-doc has license problems in examples

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 09:25:49AM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:49:50AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > The operant rule is simple.
> >
> > If we distribute it, it's software.
> >
> > If it's software, it has to be compliant with the Debian Free Software
> > Guidelines, or it can't be part of Debian.
>
> Then start reporting bugs on packages. I'd suggest starting with the
> documentation for gcc, just to get to the heart of the matter.

Eh?  My paper copy of _Using and Porting GNU CC_, last updated 28 July
1999 for gcc-2.95, is licensed perfectly freely.

Effectively, it is under the GNU GPL.

Did something change?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only