Re: Firmware files - GPL compliant?

#include <hallo.h>
Eduard Bloch wrote on Fri Sep 21, 2001 um 05:24:10PM:

> But how does this comply with the GPL? As far as I can see, the kernel
> guys have been doing this for a while (see below) and the kernel is
> still GPLed.

Okay, so if nobody has hints for me, I will upload to main soon with the
following copyright:

---
It may be redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL, Version 2
found on Debian systems in the file /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL .

NOTE about the included firmware files:

The files Root and Dpram are distributed with the source package. Even if
they contain binary code, it cannot be executed as part of any other GPLed
code. GPL covers these files as prepared data accompanying the GPL program.
Their content is to be treated as source code. You may use, distribute and
modify it UNDER THE TERMS OF GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Contact 'convergence
integrated media GmbH' <http://www.convergence.de> for any further questions
about the creation of these files.
---

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Am 8. Tag schuf Gott Linux und er sah das es gut war.