Re: Public domain fonts?

Any fonts that have "public domain" or something to that effect in their
copyright field can be distributed by Debian with no problems. Note that
"freeware" typically isn't good enough for Debian, since it doesn't give
permission to distribute modified copies. When the font and any files you
find with it grant different rights, you probably have all of those rights
unless either says it must be taken by itself. If the copyright holder ever
places the work in the public domain, no other licenses apply.