RE: mplayer / divx

I read the mplayer / divx thread, and what I think is that debian should just add a patent/, or BS/ distro (the same way it has a non-US/ distro), and release it on freenet. ;)

Then, coupling apt-get w/ the freenet client would solve all the stupid patent problems, since no copyright, patent, nor anything applies on Freenet ;)

We could also get rid of the non-US/  problem by

  • put master.debian.org outside the US
  • mix non-US and main
  • upload all the packages to freenet ;)

What do you think ?

http://freenetproject.org

Sam

PS: Please not only reply to the list, but also to me (I’m not subscribed)