Re: Group Copyright

On 20 Jul 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

>John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:
>
>> I assume of course that you have cites on this?  Please provide them.
>
>Cites?  What on earth are you talking about?

Had you quoted the entirety, it would have been patently obvious.

Your paragraph that the cite call was referring to was:

>>Free software politics is appropriate on Debian lists (at least,
>>relevant Debian lists).  Complaining about the details of American
>>corporation law is not.  Random slams on government is not.

When have complaints about American law been called off topic before,
save by you?  When has free software politics been called on topic (this
one is tougher: nobody ever makes reference to something being on topic)?

>I'm saying "I don't think that it's appropriate for you to toss in
>pointless Randroid nonsense into discussions".  It obstructs your own
>point to build in little diatrabes-against-government.  And it runs
>the risk (hereby demonstrated!) that you'll successfully derail us
>from useful conversation and convert it into a flame war.

I'm saying that what you think is not the canon as to what's on topic
around here.  As for derailment: it takes two to tango.

--
<a mailto:galt@inconnu.isu.edu>Who is John Galt?</a>

	-- Ferenc Mantfeld