Re: Group Copyright

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:29:58AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Oregon requires one person, $50 fee, $10 fee for name reservation
> for 120 days (I assume while the process is underway to ensure you
> get your name?) and uslaw.com will apparently help you generate
> Articles of Incorporation along with other canned legal documents
> for a (surprisingly) small fee. I'm fairly sure it's not actually as
> simple as that - I'm thinking taxes immediately.

I've filed a couple Oregon Corporations (back when I was living in Salem).
Unless they've changed the rules:

The name reservation fee is if you want to keep someone else from using
the name, but aren't ready to file yet.  Taxes aren't a complication
unless you're earning money (or losing money and want to claim that as
a deduction).

In other words: it is that simple.

FYI,

--