Re: Question about the old BSD license and GPL (gtkipmsg)

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:29:18AM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> Of course it'd be different:

Ok.

> the case never had any merit in the first place:

Case?

> Apache uses a MODIFIED BSDL: clause 3 only applies to end-user
> docs.

Here's clause 3 of apache's license.

 * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this
 *    software must display the following acknowledgment:
 *    "This product includes software developed by the Apache Group
 *    for use in the Apache HTTP server project (http://www.apache.org/)."

I don't have a clue where you get "only applies to end-user docs."

> copyright law has no provision for the amount of a copyrighted object
> used once a certain threshold is met, and neither should Debian.

I don't have a clue why you bring this up.

More generally, I don't have a clue what your point is.

Thanks,

--
Raul