Re: Question about the old BSD license and GPL (gtkipmsg)

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> Whether or not the GNU foundation needs to mention the Apache project is
> irrelevant: what matters is whether Debian needs to, and a good portion of
> Debian systems DO run Apache code.  Isn't it only fair that Debian shares
> the credit for the systems with the people who made parts of them?

Please read the license more carefully.  We certainly do comply with
it.

As for whether we should give Apache some special pre-eminence, that
makes no sense at all.  Apache, like all the other packages we
distribute, gets its name nicely blathered in all the places all those
other names get listed.