Re: OpenSSL and GPLed programs

Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

> > > In principle, at least, we should be able to find a basis for agreement,
> > > and go from there.
>
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 09:20:29PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Where to?  What exactly is served by the whole discussion?
>
> If, as he claims, there's merit to the advertising clause, then we need
> to change our practices.  I'd like to at least resolve that.

It's agreed on all sides that the advertising clause *is* enforceable
in the UK and in general outside the US.  So we should comply
regardless.

It's not clear that it applies.  It doesn't say that you must always
mention Foo in your ads if you are distributing the software; it says
you must mention Foo when you otherwise advertise the features of Foo.
We don't usually mention specific features of anything at all.