Re: Q: Combining proprietary code and GPL for in-house use

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 09:21:14PM +0100, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> For the sake of argument, and to keep this discussion focused, let's
> assume you wrote your own compatible header files.

If your code uses nothing from the library, there's nothing left to
discuss.

Once again, the GPL only prevents distribution if you're distributing a
program which included both GPLed code ("the library" in this context)
and incompatibly licensed code.  The mechanics of how that would happen
are just a side issue.

I really don't see why we're discussing this at all.

--
Raul