Re: okay for non-free?

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 10:32:48AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Eduard,

> could anyone comment the attached license? Is it suitable for non-free,
> or even contrib?
>
> -- UNACE-SOURCE v1.2b (extract-util) --
> the source may be distributed and used,
> but I,Marcel Lemke, retain ownership of
> the copyrights to the source.

IANAL and IANDD, but I think it cannot go into contrib. To go into
contrib it needs to be DFSG-free, which it isn't, as the license
doesn't explicitely allow modification of the source-code (just
distribution and usage). This violates DFSG#3.

non-free could be OK, because the license allows redistribution...

Uwe.
--
:---------------- Uwe Hermann <uh1763@hermann-uwe.de> ---------------:
| http://htsserver.sourceforge.net     -- Holsham Traders            |